H1-B Visas & You

There has been alot of news lately about immigration especially the H1-B visa. However, this type of visa is for “specialty occupation” such as biotechnology, chemistry, architecture, engineering, mathematics, physical sciences, social sciences, medicine and health, education, law, accounting, business specialties, theology, and the arts, and requiring the attainment of a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent as a minimum.

Nevertheless, President Trump does not like the current lottery system used to issue the visas. He said that’s wrong and he signed an order to change it. He stated that now it would favor American companies for federal contracts and closely examines foreign technical workers and low-wage immigrant labor.

Here are some of the requirements to see if you are eligible for a H1-B Visa. Your job must qualify as a specialty occupation by meeting one of the following criteria: 

• A bachelor’s degree or higher degree or its equivalent is normally the minimum requirement for the particular position; 
• The degree requirement is common for this position in the industry, or the job is so complex or unique that it can only be performed by someone with at least a bachelor’s degree in a field related to the position;
• The employer normally requires a degree or its equivalent for the position; or
• The nature of the specific duties is so specialized and complex that the knowledge required to perform the duties is usually associated with the attainment of a bachelor’s or higher degree. 

For more information about the H1-B visa go to the US Citizenship and Immigration Services website and also read the Wiki.

We help individuals in Little Rock, throughout Arkansas and the country with a variety of nonimmigrant visas. Nonimmigrant visas can include:

B1 visa and B2 visitor visas
E1 and E2 treaty trader and investor visas
F1 visas (student visas)
H1-B specialty occupation visas
H2-A and H2-B visas
K1 and K3 visas (fiancé(e) visas)
L1 intracompany transfer visa
O1 extraordinary ability work visas
R1 religious worker visas
T visas (trafficking visas)
U visas (victim visas)
An experienced lawyer can help you understand what type of visa is right for you. We will educate you about immigration laws and issues so you know what to expect and what options are available to help you stay in the country.

Contact Us

We provide cost-effective legal representation you can trust. Call us at 501-414-0264 or contact us online to schedule a consultation. Hablamos español.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *