A More Effective H-1B Visa Program

U.S. employers seeking to employ foreign workers with a U.S. master’s or higher degree will have a greater chance of selection in the H-1B lottery.  The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) posted today for public inspection, a final rule amending regulations governing H-1B cap-subject petitions, including those that may be eligible for the advanced degree exemption.

The final rule reverses the order by which U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) selects H-1B petitions under the H-1B regular cap and the advanced degree exemption, and it introduces an electronic registration requirement for petitioners seeking to file H-1B cap-subject petitions. The rule will be published in the Federal Register on Jan. 31, and will go into effect on April 1, though the electronic registration requirement will be suspended for the fiscal year (FY) 2020 cap season.
These simple and smart changes are a positive benefit for employers, the foreign workers they seek to employ, and the agency’s adjudicators, helping the H-1B visa program work better.

What is an H1B Visa ?
The H1B visa program is the primary method for employers to recruit & hire International professionals and International students to work in the USA. The H1B visa enables US employers to hire foreign professionals for a specified period of time. The H1B program allows workers in specialty occupations to work in the US for up to a total of six (6) years.

One of the things that makes the H1B so desirable is that, unlike many other nonimmigrant visa categories, it is a “dual intent” visa. This means that a visa will not be denied simply because a person has intentions to become a permanent resident. The assumption is that if for some reason the permanent residency petition is denied, the person would still have the intention to return home.

Are you seeking a entry into the United States? We can help. At the Law Office of Danna Young, P.A., in Little Rock, we are dedicated to helping individuals and families throughout Arkansas and the country who need assistance navigating the Visa process.

We help individuals in Little Rock, throughout Arkansas and the country with a variety of nonimmigrant visas. Nonimmigrant visas can include:

  • B1 visa and B2 visitor visas
  • E1 and E2 treaty trader and investor visas
  • F1 visas (student visas)
  • H1-B specialty occupation visas
  • H2-A and H2-B visas
  • K1 and K3 visas (fiancé(e) visas)
  • L1 intracompany transfer visa
  • O1 extraordinary ability work visas
  • R1 religious worker visas
  • T visas (trafficking visas)
  • U visas (victim visas)

An experienced lawyer can help you understand what type of visa is right for you. We will educate you about immigration laws and issues so you know what to expect and what options are available to help you stay in the country.

Contact Us

We provide cost-effective legal representation you can trust. Call us at 501-414-0264 or contact us online to schedule a consultation. Hablamos español.

Source Article Here

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *